BETAMAXNOMATES

'All she can do is dial and yell...'

20041128

 

Sick

Also tired. But not sickandtired. Sick... and tired.
It’s my stomach, where I’m sick to, and, presumably, from: seasick, still docked. A lot of it’s nerves, I think, about tomorrow, compounded by a lack of sleep. Yet, instead of ‘resting up’ this weekend, most of my time was spent ‘out’, and indeed, ‘about’
Hold fast to the edge of your seat, folks: accounts of kerr-razy khurch-going and violent spazzbiting to come!


READER WARNING:
Having just read over the following journal entry I’ve decided that content-wise it’s really quite sub-par, and I’m sure the critical cognoscenti would be in agreement. I tell you this only to (possibly) save you some moments of your life’s time: if you can, right now, think of any constructive or worthwhile alternatives to reading this blog I suggest that you do those instead.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll pull a Neuro and just delete the whole bollocking lot
.

This morning was spent at a service in church - except that the church was a school, and the service was basically brunch with some singing and stuff.
Everything about this ‘church’ is so alien to my childhood memories of sporadic masses: seeing the neighbours tarted up, the forced bonhomie outside the church, before everyone was ushered inside to sit, awkward and bored, mumbling along with some tedious stretch of scripture, after which the priest would recite some leaden anecdote about an inspirational GAA hero living life to the full despite a tumour as big as the Ritz.
The only consolation back then would have been that The Parents, lapsed-Catholics and functioning alcoholics, hepped up on the Holy Spirit, might buy you a comic or some teeth-rotting penny sweet bonanza bag in the shop across the road. All silver-foil linings to a wasted youth.

This service however was great - warm, relaxed, and above, all fun. (Also vibrant, ambient, dynamic, and perhaps even a bit European, what with the cheese and everything).
Actually the weird thing was meeting people who knew about my life via this blog.
In many ways it never really occurred to me that people who read this journal would take from it information that could later be presented to me in real time. This is most unsettling and I found myself asking, quite ridiculously, how it was that they came to know these things about me.
Because I wrote about them, obviously, but this would seem to, in some way, to contravene the strict principle of ‘artistic distance’ - a phrase, by the way, cribbed from Nietzsche’s ‘Big Gay Science’ - that I set out to enforce.

This was intended initially to be simply a record of things I find amusing and/or interesting. And by amusing I mean laughable, and by interesting I mean contemptible. This is not me, nor is it about me. It’s not even by me. You are here. I am not.

Yours, taking it all way too serious,
Anonymous Not-Anonymous AKA ‘Anonymous’

So... enough about me. Let’s talk about me.
Yesterday, I met with an old college buddy, C.K., now one of my new colleagues, albeit on a part-time basis. She’s a remarkable woman, and I say ‘woman’ with purpose: she’s one of the oldest people I know, 30 years at last count. Still alive though, and going strong, God bless her. Great though she is, I can’t help but resent her for planting so many bad things in my impressionable mind.
Take the following:

You’ll recognise P. [one of the clients] - he’s the one whose jumper’s are all chewed [she demonstrated this by enthusiastically gnawing on the lapel of her jacket]. He doesn’t talk much and mostly keeps to himself. Watch him, though, if he’s chewing - if he’s getting ready to attack, he’ll started chewing his jumper’.

You can probably imagine at which part my mind broke glass and pressed the Emergency Stop button. Getting ready to attack?! Baby Jesus be buggered, this isn’t what I signed up for, was it?

As the honey-voiced, fajita-eating lady off the telly says: ‘I’ll see you tomorrow, if ah’m still alaaaaaaaaahhhve’.



Comments:
Don't delete it, please.

It says good things, and funny things.
 
I throw the ephemeral weight of my anonymnity behind Neuro's admonishment.

*cough*
 
Due to overwhelming public demand, the entry stays.

Though I'm still tempted to pull a KLF and just delete the whole journal and start a new properly anonymous one somewhere far, far away where no one will ever read it

Maybe I already have...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

200410   200411   200412   200501   200502   200503   200504   200505   200512   200601   200602   200604   200606   200607   200608   200609   200611   200702   200703   200704   200705   200706   200707   200710   200801   200806   200807   200808   200809   200811  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]