BETAMAXNOMATES

'All she can do is dial and yell...'

20041103

 

Dear America, Go fuck yourself. Sincerely, Rest of World

Now, I’m not one to say I told you so, but seriously, I toooold you so! I did! I telled ya!
It's another four years in the Bush: I hope you’re happy MoveOn.org! Get Out and Vote? Go stand in the corner! This is what happens when you engage the young people: they’ll fuck you over every time. Ask them to vote for change and they’ll ask you Who’s Change? (Apologies: I’ll get me coat…)

But really. You thought they’d listen to some crusty with a guitar who calls himself The Boss? That the Dixie Chicks could effect political change with their distinctive brand of countrified contemporary pop-rock? That some old guy with a funny accent who fought in a war in Olden Times could stand a chance against Big Dub, a violent cartoon cowboy whose mangled brand of English could only appeal to the dumbest of America’s youth?
It’s times like these I feel ashamed to be a bleeding-heart Commie pinko liberal faggot.


Still, global apocalypse notwithstanding, I’ll hold out my hopes for Hillary C. running in ‘08. Double X hive thinking should guarantee her 51% of the vote anyway, that is if she can be forgiven for standing by her SEX-CRAZED DEGENERATE of a husband. You know, they still call him ‘President’? Yeah, President McNasty - of the Sex-Mad Anti-Family Alliance. The only Slick Willy I trust is… eh, well, never mind. Ahem.

Of course, she won’t run, - and for her own sake I hope she won’t: she’d be roundly defeated. The Democrats are gonna have to find one hell of a candidate next time round - one who can shake the country free from the grip of the neo-con reactionaries - and that won’t, unfortunately, come in the form of a woman (woman!) who inspires as much ire in Middle America as Ms. Clinton.
Maybe John Edwards can do it - he’s cut from the Clinton cloth alright, but that’s hardly an advantage. Southern Democrat? Adulterer! Look at his easy grin and good-ole-boy charm: HE’S EEEEEVIL!!! No, we need
Jon Stewart (Jewish but not a Zionist, v. funny), or Chris Rock (Black, v. Black and v. funny), or Susan Sarandon, who is, quite simply, the coolest Woman Of A Certain Age on this planet.


But enough talk. America is not the world, a wise man once said. It was Morrissey actually, and he said it in his latest album. I’d pimp the Moz for President but, on reflection, I think he’d make a better Pope. He’d have my vote. (You can vote for the Pope, right?)
America does, however, own the world, and the issue of who’s in the driving seat should properly concern us, or me anyway.

Speaking of driving (and me), I passed my DTT today. Go me: I am now theoretically able to drive. If driving were a purely intellectual exercise I’d be flying, so I would. If only driving were flying. Now I have to get down to the practicalities of actually getting into a car and, um, pressing ‘Go’, or whatever, I forget. I got 36 out of 40, one above the minimum pass rate… back of the net.

Turns out I know fuck all about Driving Risk Factors Related to Various Road Conditions in Particular as they Change with the Weather and Time of Day and Night, Observation/Field of View, Characteristics of Various Types of Roads, and Necessary Documents. And can you believe they’re gonna let me out on the road like that!

Now to listen to the new Le Tigre and drive at high speed through built up areas at night with my lights off and while giving incorrect turn signals.


Mood: Giddy disappointment turning, slowly turning, to a murderous ebullience.


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
In many ways I agree with you ******. In other, stronger ways I feel like you totally misunderestimate Bush.

Also, no link for me? For shame. For shame.

Zoomtard.
 
I personally hope they put John McCain forward in 2008. He actually seems like a decent guy, a man of serious integrity.

I've heard a rumour that they'll put Condi "I don't understand my job description" Rice forward. If they do, and she wins, then reality is officially redundant.

But yes, Jon Stewart for President. Did you see him on Crossfire?

Dave Barrett
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

200410   200411   200412   200501   200502   200503   200504   200505   200512   200601   200602   200604   200606   200607   200608   200609   200611   200702   200703   200704   200705   200706   200707   200710   200801   200806   200807   200808   200809   200811  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]